1) Can I show up and get on the tour without a reservation? Usually. However, it is highly recommended you call or text in advance (650) 576-4145 to ensure the tour is running.
2) Are leashed dogs allowed? Yes, but only one dog per tour and the dog must be leashed. Please let John know if you are bringing a dog. Strollers? Yes
3) Are restrooms available along the tour route? Yes, but it is highly recommended one use the restroom located inside the Maritime Museum before starting the tour. The next bathroom stop is at the train station, 90 minutes into the tour.
4) Is the route wheelchair accessible? Yes, though the route may change slightly. (Note: we cross over train tracks, twice.) If someone in your party is in a wheelchair, please let John know when you book the tour.
5) Could the tour be cancelled if an insufficient number of people sign up? Yes. The minimum is four (4) persons. Should the minimum not be met – and you made a reservation – you will be notified via email. See #10
6) Could bad weather cause a tour to be cancelled? Generally, only if it’s raining.
7) How strenuous is the walk? The approximate 2 hour walk (1.5 mile one-way) is not strenuous and is over level ground but persons are expected to keep up with the group’s pace/tour guide. Except for six stops – where some seating is available on grass or cement wall – you will need to stand for 5 to 8 minutes before the group proceeds to the next stop. Most stops are in the shade.
8) Does the tour end where it started (Harbor Entrance)? No, the tour terminates at the Visitor Center about 1.3 miles from our starting point. See parking “tip” under “About the Tour”.
9) Can I arrange a private tour/select a different date and time than that shown on the reservation calendar? Yes. However, there is charge of $15 per person and a 4 person minimum. Please contact me via e-mail and let me know what date(s) you have in mind.
10) Will you run the tour if less than 4 are signed up? Yes, but there is a fee of $20 per person with a minimum of 2 people taking the tour.